Nathan's SE Asia Blog

Friday, October 20, 2006

Recovery Day


10/13/2006

Last night wasn't much fun. I think I spent more time in the bathroom than in my bed. I got up around 9:30 am. I was surprisingly not sore at all except for maybe my ankles, but I had pretty much no endurance. Walking up stairs was very tiring. I'm not sure if that was due to the climb or due to the sickness. Probably both. I still didn't have an appetite but munched on some granola. I started feeling better a bit. Before grabbing some lunch, I decided to check to see if my MCAT scores were posted even though they were supposed to be out tomorrow. I was slightly nervous, but not really. The scores actually were posted, and I was quite thrilled with my scores. I basically just rested for the remainder of the day until we left on another night train to go back to Hanoi. I'm very relieved that I'm done climbing that mountain. It probably wasn't very tough of a climb compared to others, but it was pretty tough for us (at least me) since we haven't done any training. The guide said that he climbs the mountain about 4 times a week. I asked him if he was tired at all after we were done, and he said "a little bit." The picture at the right is a view of Sapa from our hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home