Nathan's SE Asia Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Goodbye, Southeast Asia

11/12/2006-11/13/2006


Today, which I lived twice due to the time change, was an epic journey back to the US. After breakfast and saying goodbye to Scott, we took a van to the airport and waited a few hours for hour first flight from Bangkok to Taipei, which took about 3 hours. Then we had a short wait until our next flight to Los Angeles. This flight was about 11 hours, which somehow was a couple hours shorter than our flight from LA to Taipei 2 months before. Must be the jet stream or something. The flights were uneventful, and I got to see the sun rise twice on November 12. Sleeping on the plane was tough due to some turbulence, but at least the food was great. The return to American culture in LA was indicated by all the officials yelling at people to move along through customs. It's such a contrast from the laid back atmosphere of Southeast Asia.

The flight to LA got in at 2 pm, so I had quite a bit of time to kill before my flight back to Orlando. Emma and Brendan had flights to catch, so the rest of us said goodbye to them. Lindy, who unfortunately had to leave the trip a few weeks ago, actually leaves close to LA and came to greet us at the airport. It was nice to see her again, and she took Laura, Rebecca, and me out to dinner at a sports bar nearby. Ah, football. After that I was dropped off back at the airport and said my final goodbyes. My last red eye flight home went without any problems, and finally I arrived in Orlando around 7 am on the 13th and was met by my parents at the security checkpoint. It was a great trip, but it's good to be home.

Well, my travels have come to a close, at least for the next 2 months before I go on another adventure to New Zealand and Australia in mid January. Now I have to figure out something to do for those 2 months. If you have any ideas or want to give me a job, let me know. Thanks for reading my blog. Hopefully it was somewhat interesting. Feel free to contact me at nathan.m.obrien@gmail.com. I'll leave you with a picture of this crazy tuk-tuk driver I saw on my last night in Bangkok. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • Thank you for your great entries. Travel a lot more while young.
    Ask Ellie, a member of your group, who I am.

    By Blogger rainsnowman, at 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home